Sustainable RTP Equipment | Pallets, Cages, Dolavs, Crates & Boxes
- Office Moves
- Product Sales
Sustainability and PPS
PPS’s reusable transit equipment not only saves customers money, but it can also helps to ‘grow their green credentials’ by basing their product movements all around sustainability, waste and carbon reduction.
A large proportion of food and retail manufacturing still use ‘one trip’ packaging to send their products, this then needs to be disposed of after use at a cost, not only in financial terms but also in carbon emissions.
The use of plastic returnable packaging can help support our environment and our economy, whilst also improving best practices and significantly reducing waste. If a company is involved in the regular closed loop transportation of goods from a central manufacturing facility or supplier, to warehouses or processors, there is considerable benefit to using returnable packaging such as plastic crates, boxes or pallets.
Sustainable advantages of using PPS’s returnable transit packaging (RTP)
Financial motivation is always one of the main drivers of returnable packaging or reusable products, but current environmental awareness is gradually changing attitudes and regulations, so there is even more advantages to look at returnables.
- Energy and raw material savings - replacing many single use products with one reusable reduces the number that needs to be manufactured.
- Cost savings -a reusable product is likely to be cheaper than the many single use products it replaces.
- Rental only as and when required – no capital expenditure.
- Reduced waste and packaging disposal costs.
- Reduced carbon footprint through the supply chain.
- Secure and space saving stacking when in transit and storage.
- Nests or folds to save on return transport costs.
- Operator comfort when handling.
- Longevity and then can eventually be recycled after use.